On June 08, 2020, the Phase of Unlock-1 has started with a completely different set of guidelines. Preventive measures to be taken while unlocking the nation.
Coronavirus latest news:The total number of verified coronavirus cases in India increased to 2,46,628 with a record single-day spike of 9,887 cases in 24 hours.
India’s top four metropolitan groups — Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai — consider for nearly half of the nationwide tally, which saw a record-breaker of about 10,000 cases. Meanwhile, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced that the national capital’s borders with Uttar Pradesh and Haryana would open from today (08 June 2020). Delhi hospitals, excluding those run by the Centre, will only treat patients from the city.
Coronavirus world update:The global tally of coronavirus cases passed 7 million, and 402,241 people have died from the disease so far.
Large visitors, social distancing, valet parking: Fresh guidelines for shopping plazas from Monday (08 June 2020)
The guidelines, which will come into force from Monday (08 June 2020), incorporate measures like large visitors to malls, social distancing, and other preventive actions.
The Centre has announced comprehensive guidelines to be obeyed at shopping malls, which will unlock for business from June 8, Monday, as section of its three-phase Unlock 1 plan.
They are amongst the first of a three-phase plan pointed at lifting powerful restrictions commanded over two months ago to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19).
The guidelines, which will come into force from Monday, include measures like large visitors to malls, social distancing, and other precautionary measures.
Gaming arcade, children’s play, and movie theatres inside shopping malls will not open. Shopping malls in containment zones will stay closed.
* Shopping mall administration to guide accordingly.
* The generic measures include basic public health measures that are to be followed to lessen the risk of Covid-19.
All visitors and workers must obey these measures
- The physical distancing of at least six feet to be followed as far as possible.
- Use of masks or face covers to be made compulsory.
iii. Follow regular hand washing with soap for at least 40-60 seconds even when hands are not visibly soiled. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers for at least 20 seconds wherever possible.
- Respiratory manners to be surely followed. This includes the strict practice of masking one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues accurately.
- Self-monitoring of health and reporting any ailment at the soonest to state and district helpline.
- Spitting shall be strictly banned.
vii. Use of the AarogyaSetu app shall be advised to all.
All shopping malls will have to follow the following arrangements
- Entry to have compulsory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening equipment.
- Only asymptomatic patrons or visitors shall be permitted.
iii. All workers, customers, and visitors to be granted entry only if using face cover or masks. The face covers or masks have to be worn at all times inside the premises of the shopping mall.
- Banners, standees, and AV media on precautionary measures about Covid-19 to be showcased prominently.
- Staggering of visitors to be done, if feasible.
- A sufficient workforce shall be stationed by mall authority for assuring social distancing measures.
vii. All workers who are at higher risk, i.e., older employees, pregnant employees, and employees who have medical ailments, to take extra care. They should rather not be exposed to any front-line work needing direct contact with the public. Shopping mall administration to promote work from home wherever possible.
viii. Proper crowd administration in the parking areas and outside the premises – duly obeying social distancing measures shall be assured.
- Valet parking, if possible, shall be operational with operating staff wearing face covers or masks and gloves as appropriate. Precise disinfection of steering, door holders, keys, etc. of the vehicles should be taken up.
- All shops, stalls, cafeteria, etc., outside and inside the premises shall obey social distancing measures at all times.
- Special markings may be made with enough distance to maintain the queue and guarantee social distancing in the premises.
xii. Rather separate entry and exits for visitors, workers and goods or supplies shall be established.
xiii. The team for home deliveries shall be screened thermally by the shopping mall executives before approving home deliveries.
xiv. Necessitated precautions while managing supplies, inventories, and goods in the shopping mall shall be assured. Proper queue control and disinfection shall be organised.
- Keeping a physical distance of six feet, when queuing up for entry and inside the shopping mall as far as possible.
xvi. Several customers inside the shop to be kept at a minimum, to keep the physical distancing measures.
xvii. Seating pattern, if any, to be made in such a way that sufficient social distancing is managed.
xviii. Several people in the elevators shall be limited, duly keeping social distancing standards.
xix. Use of escalators with one person on alternative steps may be promoted.
- For air-conditioning, the guidelines of CPWD shall be obeyed which among other things indicates that the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30 degree Celsius, comparable humidity should be in the range of 40-70%, intake of fresh air should be as much as attainable and cross ventilation should be sufficient.
xxi. Large gatherings or meetings continue to remain restricted.
xxii. Efficient and regular sanitation within the premises shall be managed with special focus on lavatories, drinking, and handwashing stations or areas.
xxiii. Cleaning and routine disinfection using 1% sodium hypochlorite of often touched surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, handrails, benches, washroom fittings, etc. to be made compulsory in all malls in common areas as well as inside shops, elevators, escalators, etc.
xxiv. Accurate disposal of face covers, masks, and gloves left over by visitors or workers should be assured.
xxv. Extensive cleaning of all washrooms shall be guaranteed at regular intervals.
Rules for food courts inside shopping malls
- Sufficient crowd and queue control to be assured to ensure social distancing standards.
- In food plazas and restaurants, not more than 50% of the seating space to be authorized.
- Food court staff and waiters should use masks and hand gloves and take other needed precautionary steps.
- The seating arrangement should ensure adequate social distancing between patrons as far as feasible.
- Contactless mode of ordering and digital mode of payment (using e-wallets) to be encouraged.
- Tables to be sanitized each time the customer leaves.
- In the kitchen, the staff should follow social distancing norms.
Practices to follow in case of a suspect or approved case inside shopping malls
- Keep the ill person in a room or area where they are separated from others.
- Give a mask or face cover till such time he/she is checked by a doctor.
- Promptly notify the nearest medical facility like a hospital or clinic or call the state or district helpline.
- A risk evaluation will be initiated by the assigned public health authority (district RRT/treating physician). Accordingly, further action is instated regarding the management of the case, their contacts, and the requirement for disinfection.
- Disinfection of the premises to be taken up if the person is found positive.
For more information on COVID-19 and change of guidelines, stay tuned with us. To be the first one to read the news, subscribe to our newsletter. Your comments and views are more than welcome.